IIESpace Repository

Sensory marketing, consumer psychology and the future of branding within the Airline industry: Singapore Airlines

Show simple item record

dc.contributor.author Warren, Andrew
dc.date.accessioned 2018-06-25T14:21:40Z
dc.date.available 2018-06-25T14:21:40Z
dc.date.issued 2017
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/11622/268
dc.description.abstract In this postmodern world, the marketplace is concentrated with many forms of media with the average person being exposed to 4000+ every day. Brands have been forced to innovate and create new and improved forms of adding value to consumers lives. As Martin Lindstrom states “up to 90% of consumer behaviour/buying decisions are subconscious which leaves marketers to target the remainder 10%”. It’s time to change marketing tactics and attempt to break the clutter via sensory marketing. Targeting the subconscious could be the key to future of effective branding. Taking a step back and studying the marketplace I was able to single out the Airline Industry as the perfect place to start. Incorporating the five components of sensory marketing (Touch, Taste, Sight, Sound, Smell) I will be able to highlight aspects of sensory marketing that’s making a difference. Singapore Airlines stood out as the powerhouse of the sensory experience and so I developed an integrated brand identity and sensory analysis to investigate the relationship between the two. Sensory marketing within Singapore Airlines is a major focal point and transports the brand value into tangible experiences. The future of which can only be developed even more. Various research methods were put into play with in-depth interviews being at the heart of the study. This revealed many interesting aspects surrounding the development and effectiveness of sensory marketing, not only within the airline industry but in the marketplace as a whole. en_US
dc.language.iso en en_US
dc.publisher The IIE en_US
dc.subject Brands en_US
dc.subject Branding en_US
dc.subject Airline Industry en_US
dc.subject Consumer Behaviour en_US
dc.subject Marketing en_US
dc.subject Brand Identity en_US
dc.subject Sensory Marketing en_US
dc.subject Brand Innovation en_US
dc.title Sensory marketing, consumer psychology and the future of branding within the Airline industry: Singapore Airlines en_US
dc.type Thesis en_US


Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record

Search DSpace


Browse

My Account